Hyatt Place Austin Airport
Posted September 27, 2019
The Role: Houseperson
Location: Hyatt Place Austin Airport – Austin, TX
National Hospitality Services (NHS) has a passion for results. Throughout our many years in the hospitality industry, we have proven the ability to deliver service and value. Our expertise covers a broad range of lodging options, from extended stay and limited service properties, to full-service hotels featuring restaurants and convention centers.
The Houseperson (sometimes referred to as a Houseman) is responsible for keeping the general appearance of the facility in clean, functional and working order. This includes being accessible to guests by providing the best customer service experience possible.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Thoroughly clean all furniture, elevators, glass, planters, etc. in public areas such as the lobby, pool and public restrooms to IHG and NHS standard.
· Stock housekeepers carts with supplies as directed by the Executive Housekeeper.
· Sweep, mop, scrub and vacuum hallways, stairs and office spaces.
· Pick up trash from parking lot and outdoor areas on the property.
· Assist with various housekeeping and maintenance duties as directed by the Executive Housekeeper.
· Report any observed damage, unusual happenings and safety concerns to the Executive Housekeeper.
· Maintain a solid understanding of housekeeping and laundry supplies.
· Inform management of hazardous situations, emergencies or security threats.
· Respond in a courteous and prompt manner to all guest question and/or concerns.
· Promptly report all maintenance concerns and follow up on repairs.
Required Skills and Experience
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with strong customer/client focus essential.
Strong problem-solving skills.
Ability to work in a fast-paced, high pressure environment.
Ability to shift and manage multiple priorities.
Adaptable to change.
- High level of flexibility regarding hours during times busy periods as required by the business.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of the job.
Hyatt Place Austin Airport
139 Room Hotel
Our hotel is a quick, free shuttle ride to Austin-Bergstrom International Airport, and close to the University of Texas at Austin, state government offices, and the Sixth Street entertainment district. Hyatt Place Austin Airport is also the closest select-service hotel to Circuit of the Americas and Austin360 Amphitheater.
No expense was spared with our technology-enhanced guestrooms.
Guests can start their morning with cage-free eggs, steel-cut oatmeal, whole fruit, all-natural bacon and sausage, and more. The Market offers a selection of perfectly packaged grab-and-go items from snacks to salads, while our bakery case offers an array of temping pastries and sweets. The Bar offers thoughtfully sourced, regionally inspired food, premium alcoholic beverages and specialty coffee drinks.