National Hospitality Services
Posted August 28, 2019
Accounts Payable Clerk
National Hospitality Services, (NHS) is a hotel management company dedicated to serving our guests, partners, owners, and employees an exceptional hotel experience. We accomplish this through a proven process that consistently delivers performance through disciplined Operations, Accounting/Finance and Human Resources. NHS is a Culture of Performance organization, merging mutual respect, love and affection for our guests, clients and employees with a passion for results where underperformance and excuses are not accepted.
The Accounts Payable Processor completes payments and controls expenses by receiving, processing, verifying, and reconciling invoices. The Accounts Payable Processor also works to support the Accounting team with various duties as needed.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Processes vendor invoices for payment by properly charging the expense to the correct general ledger account at the correct property location.
- Verifies proper federal ID numbers are on file for vendors.
- Ensure W-9’s on file for vendors when applicable.
- Processes employee expense reports and ensures proper approvals of expenses have occurred.
- Maintains accounting ledgers by verifying and posting account transactions.
- Verifies vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions.
- Maintains historical records by scanning and filing documents.
- Verifies sales taxes by calculating requirements on paid invoices.
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
Provides accounting department support on special projects as requested, such as assisting with annual audits and sending out 1099’s
Required Skills and Experience
At a minimum an Associates Accounting Degree or Equivalent work experience is preferred.
Self-Starter with ability to work independently and as a team.
Strong problem-solving skills.
Ability to work in a fast-paced, high pressure environment.
Adaptable to change with the ability to shift and manage multiple priorities.
Results driven focus and ability to work through to completion in a timely manner.
Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office products to include, but not limited to Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Outlook.
Strong oral and written communication skills.
Exceptional organizational skills.
- High level of flexibility regarding overtime during times busy periods as required by the business
National Hospitality Services
Let our winning management team optimize your hotel’s occupancy, RevPar, guest satisfaction, and overall financial performance.
We manage hotel performance through cost-effective operations, an effective sales approach, and proven marketing programs. We have over 20 years experience managing both full and limited service hotels. We treat each property like an owner; driving revenue, managing costs, and delivering legendary customer service.