Delta by Marriott - Grand Rapids
Grand Rapids, MI
Posted August 9, 2019
The Delta by Marriott – Grand Rapids, managed by National Hospitality Services, offers the very best in service, convenience, and quality. The Delta by Marriott features 181 guest rooms, executive, and family suites, as well as handicap-accessible rooms. From enjoying our 180’ giant indoor waterslide or our beautifully appointed Ballroom, our guests experience a whole new world of business services and family fun.
The Night Auditor is responsible for posting and balancing charges and settlements for rooms, maintaining files and resetting the systems for the next day’s operations as well as working at the front desk of the hotel greeting and checking in arriving guests and checking out departing guests. The Night Auditor also provides excellent customer services to current and future guests and making reservations for incoming phone calls or walk-ins.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Audit, post and balance daily cashiers work.
· Ensure credit card system reconciles to daily transaction lists.
· Make a daily reservation count for arrivals and departures to direct actions in selling rooms.
· Block all incoming reservations based on guest request and availability.
· Block arriving reservations of all groups if deemed necessary, pre-register, place key in envelope and note room number on envelope, assuring a smoother check-in.
· Register all incoming guests, making sure that all pertinent information is obtained, registration card is completed and method of payment is established.
· Accept and record credit card and photo ID information on guest accounts and provide change for guests as needed.
· Assist in other departments such as Breakfast, Social, Housekeeping, Laundry etc. as needed.
· Maintain the cleanliness of the hotel bathrooms, lobby and other public areas.
· Anticipate guest needs, respond promptly, and acknowledge guest regardless of how busy and whatever time of day.
· Maintain positive guest relations at all times.
· Address and resolve guest complaints and ensure guest satisfaction.
· Document all guest requests, concerns and communication information to responsible personnel for proper handling.
· Prepare daily cash report, balancing payments and disbursements with machine totals; prepare deposit slip and provide assistance to the Guest Services Manager by providing him/her with summary of daily bank status. Request change as needed.
· Maintain confidentiality and security of proprietary company information, correspondence reports and files.
· Handle all incoming and outgoing reservation requests.
· Care for lost and found items as directed by the General Manager.
· Perform other duties as assigned by management.
Required Skills and Experience
Excellent math and computer skills.
Highly energetic, go-getter, motivated individual
Willing to take initiative and work with little direction.
Previous hospitality industry experience preferred but not required
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with strong customer/client focus essential
Strong problem-solving skills
Ability to work in a fast-paced, high pressure environment
Ability to shift and manage multiple priorities
Results driven focus and ability to work through to completion in a timely manner
Adaptable to change
- High level of flexibility regarding overtime during times busy periods as required by the business
Delta by Marriott - Grand Rapids
183 Room Hotel
On your next business or leisure trip to Michigan, book a stay at our Delta by Marriott Grand Rapids hotel. Located off I-96 in the heart of the Kentwood business district, our setting near Gerald R. Ford International Airport (GRR) offers convenient access to nearby restaurants, attractions, shopping, and businesses including General Electric, General Motors, IBM, AT&T, Kellogg, and Steelcase.
With 5,000 square feet of event space, our hotel features 6 meeting rooms, which can be arranged to accommodate 450 conference guests or 300 banquet guests. We also arrange great rates for groups — large or small.