Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis - Southeast
Posted September 5, 2019
Guest Service Representative
Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis Southeast, proudly managed by National Hospitality Services, is an ideal hotel for leisure and business travelers. Being home to the Colts, Indians, Pacers and the Indianapolis Motor Speedway, tourists are close to it all. Located near downtown Indianapolis, this hotel conveniently connects guests with businesses around the city. The hotel is also situated within 18 miles of four major airports. This hotel offers an indoor heated pool, whirlpool, fitness center, complimentary breakfast and the unique distinction of being the only Holiday Inn Express in the United States to have only king size beds in every room.
The Guest Service Representative works at the front desk of the hotel greeting and checking in arriving guests and checking out departing guests. Providing excellent customer services to current and future guests and making reservations for incoming phone calls or walk-ins.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Make a daily reservation count for arrivals and departures to direct actions in selling rooms.
- Block all incoming reservations based on guest request and availability.
- Block arriving reservations of all groups if deemed necessary, pre-register, place key in envelope and note room number on envelope, assuring a smoother check-in.
- Register all incoming guests, making sure that all pertinent information is obtained, registration card is completed and method of payment is established.
- Accept and record credit card and photo ID information on guest accounts and provide change for guests as needed.
- Assist in other departments such as Breakfast, Social, Housekeeping, Laundry etc. as needed.
- Maintain the cleanliness of the hotel bathrooms, lobby and other public areas.
- Anticipate guest needs, respond promptly, and acknowledge guest regardless of how busy and whatever time of day.
- Maintain positive guest relations at all times.
- Address and resolve guest complaints and ensure guest satisfaction.
- Document all guest requests, concerns and communication information to responsible personnel for proper handling.
- Prepare daily cash report, balancing payments and disbursements with machine totals; prepare deposit slip and provide assistance to the Front Office Manager by providing him/her with summary of daily bank status. Request change as needed.
- Maintain confidentiality and security of proprietary company information, correspondence reports and files.
- Handle all incoming and outgoing reservation requests.
- Care for lost and found items as directed by the General Manager.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
Required Skills and Experience
- Highly energetic, go-getter, motivated individual
- Willing to take initiative and work with little direction.
- Previous hospitality industry experience preferred but not required
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with strong customer/client focus essential
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high pressure environment
- Ability to shift and manage multiple priorities
- Results driven focus and ability to work through to completion in a timely manner
- Adaptable to change
- High level of flexibility regarding overtime during times busy periods as required by the business
Compensation: 10.00 - $11.00
Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis - Southeast
89 Room Hotel
Everyone can enjoy the excellent quality of our service at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel Indianapolis Southeast.
Indianapolis, an ideal place for leisure travelers, is the home of the Colts, Indians, Pacers and the Indianapolis Motor Speedway, home of the Crown Royal 400 at the Brickyard, and we encourage visitors lodging in Indianapolis, Indiana to catch a game. If you're not a sports fan, you may enjoy visiting the pristine parks and historical monuments surrounding our Indianapolis hotel. Whether you want to study the history of the old prairie at Conner Prairie or enjoy the downtown night life, our Indianapolis accommodations will keep you close to it all.
For the business traveler, our location near downtown Indianapolis keeps you easily connected to businesses around the city. Our choice Indianapolis, Indiana hotel stands on the Indianapolis beltway (I-465) and is conveniently located within 18 miles of four major airports. The hotel property also includes a large conference room and a Business Center for your convenience.
Our Indianapolis hotel offers top-quality amenities such as an indoor, heated pool and whirlpool for you to enjoy year-round. Our entire hotel is 100% non smoking, and every room comes with two king beds.