Hilton Garden Inn Chicago/Tinley Park
Tinley Park, IL
Posted September 5, 2019
Conveniently located along Interstate 80 at the La Grange Road interchange, the Hilton Garden Inn, Tinley Park, IL, proudly managed by National Hospitality Services is a short 35-minute drive from downtown Chicago. The Hilton Garden Inn boasts 117 guest rooms, ranging from queen/queen, to king, to king two-room suites throughout the property’s three floors, 2,213 square feet of event place and The Garden Grille and Bar. The property also provides an indoor pool and whirlpool, 25-hour fitness center, gift shop, laundry facilities, complimentary shuttle service and a business center.
The Line Cook prepares food items in accordance with production requirements and quality standards while maintaining a safe, sanitary work environment.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare food of consistent quality following recipe cards and production and portion standards, per check from servers.
- Start food items that are prepared ahead of time, making sure not to over-prepare estimated needs.
- Date all food containers and rotate as per PM Hotel Group standards, making sure that all perishables are kept at proper temperatures.
- Check pars for shift use, determine necessary preparation, freezer pull and line set-up. Note any out-of-stock items or possible shortages. Assist in keeping buffet stocked, if applicable.
- Return all food items not used on next shift to designated storage areas, being sure to cover and date all perishables.
- Assist in setting up plans and actions to correct any food cost problems, and control food waste, loss and usage per PM Hotel Group standards.
- Operate, maintain and properly clean deep fryer, broiler, stove, steamer, food processor, mixer, slicer, oven steam table, tilt kettle, waffle iron and flat top grill.
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
- Ensure the completion of necessary food and station preparations prior to open for business, in order to ensure that guests are served promptly and efficiently during operating hours.
- Perform any other job-related duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Experience
- Highly energetic and motivated individual
- 2 + years of experience cooking in an upscale casual / fine dining operation
- Ability to work with attention to detail and organization
- A sense of personal pride and ownership in a team environment
- Possess strong organizational and decision-making skills.
- Work well in fast-paced setting.
- Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively.
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time.
- Must have strong leadership skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with strong customer/client focus essential
- Self-Starter with ability to work independently and as a team
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent written communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high pressure environment
- Ability to shift and manage multiple priorities
- Results driven focus and ability to work through to completion in a timely manner
- Adaptable to change
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office products to include, but not limited to Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Outlook
- Must be able to work various shifts per week.
Compensation: 10.00 - $12.00
Hilton Garden Inn Chicago/Tinley Park
117 Room Hotel
At A Glance
Conveniently located along Interstate 80 at the La Grange Road interchange, the Hilton Garden Inn, Tinley Park, IL is a short 35-minute drive from downtown Chicago. The Hilton Garden Inn boasts 117 guest rooms, ranging from queen/queen, to king, to king two-room suites throughout the property’s three floors, 2,213 square feet of event place and The Garden Grille and Bar. The property also provides an indoor pool and whirlpool, 25-hour fitness center, gift shop, laundry facilities, complimentary shuttle service and a business center.
- Complimentary shuttle within a 5-mile radius, based upon availability. Trips to Hollywood Casino Amphitheater not available
- Conveniently located off I-80
- Event space for groups of up to 90 guests
- Daily cooked-to-order breakfast, 24-hour Pavilion Pantry®, and in-room microwave and refrigerator
- Complimentary 24-hour business center and WiFi access