Staybridge Suites Grand Forks
Grand Forks, ND
Posted September 30, 2019
Guest Service Representative
The Staybridge Suites in Grand Forks, proudly managed by National Hospitality Services, is an all-suite extend stay hotel designed to give you the most home-like stay possible. It is conveniently located off I-29 directly across from the Alerus Center, delivering travelers the perfect combination of comfort and convenience. Suites include fully equipped kitchens and amenities designed to enhance business trips or vacations. These perks paired with outstanding customer service make anyone feel right at home.
The Guest Service Representative works at the front desk of the hotel greeting and checking in arriving guests and checking out departing guests. Providing excellent customer services to current and future guests and making reservations for incoming phone calls or walk-ins.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Make a daily reservation count for arrivals and departures to direct actions in selling rooms.
· Block all incoming reservations based on guest request and availability.
· Block arriving reservations of all groups if deemed necessary, pre-register, place key in envelope and note room number on envelope, assuring a smoother check-in.
· Register all incoming guests, making sure that all pertinent information is obtained, registration card is completed and method of payment is established.
· Accept and record credit card and photo ID information on guest accounts and provide change for guests as needed.
· Assist in other departments such as Breakfast, Social, Housekeeping, Laundry etc. as needed.
· Maintain the cleanliness of the hotel bathrooms, lobby and other public areas.
· Anticipate guest needs, respond promptly, and acknowledge guest regardless of how busy and whatever time of day.
· Maintain positive guest relations at all times.
· Address and resolve guest complaints and ensure guest satisfaction.
· Document all guest requests, concerns and communication information to responsible personnel for proper handling.
· Prepare daily cash report, balancing payments and disbursements with machine totals; prepare deposit slip and provide assistance to the Guest Services Manager by providing him/her with summary of daily bank status. Request change as needed.
· Maintain confidentiality and security of proprietary company information, correspondence reports and files.
· Handle all incoming and outgoing reservation requests.
· Care for lost and found items as directed by the General Manager.
· Perform other duties as assigned by management.
Required Skills and Experience
Highly energetic, go-getter, motivated individual
Willing to take initiative and work with little direction.
Previous hospitality industry experience preferred but not required
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with strong customer/client focus essential
Strong problem-solving skills
Ability to work in a fast-paced, high pressure environment
Ability to shift and manage multiple priorities
Results driven focus and ability to work through to completion in a timely manner
Adaptable to change
High level of flexibility regarding overtime during times busy periods as required by the business
Staybridge Suites Grand Forks
100 Room Extended Stay
This hotel's property is conveniently located off I-29, delivering travelers the perfect combination of comfort and convenience. Spacious suites are equipped with amenities designed to enhance your business trip or vacation. These perks paired with outstanding customer service make you feel at home at the Staybridge Suites® Grand Forks hotel.
The hotel's easy access to Grand Forks International Airport and the Alerus Center via I-29 ensures a hassle-free stay for business guests. A speedy commute to Altru and the University of North Dakota is certain, too. With free wired and wireless HSIA, a 24-hour Business Center and a boardroom, our corporate visitors have every possible resource at their disposal.