National Hospitality Services
Posted February 3, 2020
Director of Corporate Finance and Accounting
National Hospitality Services, (NHS) is a hotel management company dedicated to serving our guests, partners, owners, and employees an exceptional hotel experience. We accomplish this through a proven process that consistently delivers performance through disciplined Operations, Accounting/Finance and Human Resources. NHS is a Culture of Performance organization, merging mutual respect, love and affection for our guests, clients and employees with a passion for results where underperformance and excuses are not accepted.
The Director of Corporate Finance and Accounting is responsible for financial and accounting operations of the corporate operations of NHS, its subsidiaries and closely held entities including the production of financial reports, maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records, monitoring of cash flow, investments and a maintaining a comprehensive set of controls and budgets designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the company’s reported financial results, and ensure that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles.
Responsible for budgeting and monthly/quarterly/annual performance reviews and driving higher profitability through smart management of expenses and evaluating productivity and departmental performance. Responsible for balance sheet management and ensuring clients are current or a workout plan prepared and followed. Seek ways to increase income for NHS and the hotels we manage.
Will interact with current and prospective lenders so that they understand the structure and performance of the company and are available for company needs. Assist with financing requests for closely held hotels.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Consistently and accurately track and report cash flow for National Hospitality Services.
- Lead the investor communication process for closely held hotels and Lodging Opportunity Fund.
- Oversee the annual insurance contract and billing process.
- Ensure NHS meets financial goals including income, reserves and AR.
- Evaluate AR, Guest Ledger and Credit processes to meet NHS goals.
- Partner with hotel accounting team to bill and collect payments in a timely manner.
- Work closely with financial institutions on behalf of the company.
- Produce NHS financials, review variances and seek ways to improve financial results by evaluating expenses and processes.
- Partner with the COO to resolve budgeting variances.
- Work to continuously improve accounting and cash flow processes.
- Assist in the resolution of tax and accounting issues as needed.
Complete projects and special assignments by establishing objectives; determining priorities; managing time; gaining cooperation of others; monitoring progress; problem-solving; adjusting plans.
- Maintain and advance job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks and participating in professional organizations.
- Improve quality results by studying, evaluating, and re-designing processes, implementing changes when needed.
- Maintain & disseminate (through secure channels) the Managing Member’s personal data used for bank reporting.
- Work with Accounting/Tax preparers.
Required Skills and Experience
- BA or BS Accounting degree required.
- Previous corporate accounting experience required.
- Self-Starter with ability to work independently and as a team.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Strong understanding of financial reporting and the significance of each financial statement.
- Strong knowledge of GAAP, modified cash basis and cash basis accounting.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high pressure environment.
- Ability to shift and manage multiple priorities.
- Results driven focus and ability to work through to completion in a timely manner.
- Adaptable to change.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office products to include, but not limited to Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Outlook.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Exceptional organizational skills.
- High level of flexibility regarding overtime during times busy periods as required by the business
National Hospitality Services
Let our winning management team optimize your hotel’s occupancy, RevPar, guest satisfaction, and overall financial performance.
We manage hotel performance through cost-effective operations, an effective sales approach, and proven marketing programs. We have over 20 years experience managing both full and limited service hotels. We treat each property like an owner; driving revenue, managing costs, and delivering legendary customer service.