Fairfield Inn & Suites Blaine
Posted February 3, 2020
Guest Service Representative
The Guest Service Representative works at the front desk of the hotel greeting and checking in arriving guests and checking out departing guests. Providing excellent customer services to current and future guests and making reservations for incoming phone calls or walk-ins.
- Make a daily reservation count for arrivals and departures to direct actions in selling rooms.
- Block all incoming reservations based on guest request and availability.
- Block arriving reservations of all groups if deemed necessary, pre-register, place key in envelope and note room number on envelope, assuring a smoother check-in.
- Register all incoming guests, making sure that all pertinent information is obtained, registration card is completed and method of payment is established.
- Accept and record credit card and photo ID information on guest accounts and provide change for guests as needed.
- Assist in other departments such as Breakfast, Social, Housekeeping, Laundry etc. as needed.
- Maintain the cleanliness of the hotel bathrooms, lobby and other public areas.
- Anticipate guest needs, respond promptly, and acknowledge guest regardless of how busy and whatever time of day.
- Maintain positive guest relations at all times.
- Address and resolve guest complaints and ensure guest satisfaction.
- Document all guest requests, concerns and communication information to responsible personnel for proper handling.
- Prepare daily cash report, balancing payments and disbursements with machine totals; prepare deposit slip and provide assistance to the Guest Services Manager by providing him/her with summary of daily bank status. Request change as needed.
- Maintain confidentiality and security of proprietary company information, correspondence reports and files.
- Handle all incoming and outgoing reservation requests.
- Care for lost and found items as directed by the General Manager.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
- Highly energetic, go-getter, motivated individual
- Willing to take initiative and work with little direction.
- Previous hospitality industry experience preferred but not required
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with strong customer/client focus essential
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high pressure environment
- Ability to shift and manage multiple priorities
- Results driven focus and ability to work through to completion in a timely manner
- Adaptable to change
- High level of flexibility regarding overtime during times busy periods as required by the business
Compensation: $13.50 - $14.50
Fairfield Inn & Suites Blaine
82 Room Hotel
We provide warmth and comfort with every stay here at Fairfield Inn & Suites. You'll feel right at home from the moment you walk through the doors, and find true comfort and relaxation in our modern, spacious guest rooms and suites. We offer premium amenities including complimentary breakfast, high-speed wifi, indoor pool and whirlpool, fitness center, convenience market, guest laundry, and more. Our location offers easy access to I-35W, and we are situated less than 1 mile from the National Sports Center. Other local highlights include Four Seasons Curling Club, Fogerty Arena, Bethel University and the University of Minnesota, Northtown Mall, Rice Creek Chain of Lakes Park Reserve, numerous golf courses, and plenty of options for shopping, dining and entertainment.