Delta Hotels by Marriott Green Bay
Green Bay, WI
Posted February 3, 2020
Delta Hotels by Marriott Green Bay, situated off Interstate 41 near Lambeau Field, is relaxing, comfortable and smoke free. Guests can check in with our 24-hour front desk service. Our full-service hotel offers free Wi-Fi Internet access, an on-site fitness center, sauna, Jacuzzi and indoor water park as well as meeting space and a business center. Our hotel in Green Bay, WI, also features free parking, airport shuttle service and on-site restaurant/bar and catering services.
The Line Cook works as part of the team to produce all hot and cold food items for restaurant and catered hotel events to provide an outstanding experience for all hotel guests.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure all items are prepared according to company and brand standards and meet all health code requirements.
- Prepare foods of consistent quality according to the recipe, including all special requests. Adjusts thermostat controls to regulate temperature of ovens, boilers, grills, roasters and steam kettles.
- Properly forecast food consumption based on occupancy making sure not to prepare beyond estimated needs.
- Control food waste, loss and usage as directed. Read menu to estimate food requirements and orders food from suppliers.
- Date all food containers and rotate as directed. Return all covered and dated perishable items to designated areas and stored at the proper temperature.
- Responds promptly to customer needs, requests for service and assistance. Respond to special requests from guests.
- Treats people with respect.
- Assist with cleaning programs as assigned.
- Assist with keeping the buffet stocked. Assist with the prep work of vegetables and condiments for the next shift.
- Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness; monitors own work to ensure quality. Maintain cleanliness of storage rooms and kitchen area.
- Meet productivity standards and complete work within a timely manner. Complete tasks within approved budget and time.
- Observes safety and security procedures; report potentially unsafe conditions; use chemicals and equipment properly.
- Report any equipment problems to maintenance or supervisor immediately.
Required Skills and Experience
- Previous experience as a cook required.
- High School diploma is preferred.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high pressure environment
- Ability to shift and manage multiple priorities
- Results driven focus and ability to work through to completion in a timely manner
- Adaptable to change
- High level of flexibility regarding overtime during times busy periods as required by the business
Delta Hotels by Marriott Green Bay
149 Room Hotel
At Delta Hotels by Marriott Green Bay, we create a seamless full-service hotel experience that has been thoughtfully designed with the essential needs of frequent traveler in mind. Stay with us and enjoy upscale amenities including a variety of renovated guest rooms and suites, on-site dining at Urban 80 Kitchen + Bar, on-site Starbucks, indoor pool with water slide and hot tub, complimentary bottled water, high-speed wifi throughout the hotel, and more. We are located a short drive away from Lambeau Field and downtown Green Bay, as well as Resch Center/Shopko Hall, KI Convention Center, Bay Park Square Mall, Oneida Casino, and plenty of options for shopping, entertainment and recreation.We also offer modern, elegant ballrooms and event spaces perfect for meetings, weddings, banquets and more. Our Inspired Events team will work with you to select all the details to create an event your guests won't forget. Our on-site catering team also provides made-from-scratch cuisine to elevate your event experience.